Thursday, March 16, 2017

Spellbound Quilt along

Another new quilt pattern from Fat Quarter Shop.  This one is called Spellbound and uses 2 Jelly-Rolls (2.5 inch strips), plus yardage to make.  It also uses a specialty ruler from Creative Grids, the 90 degree Double Strip Ruler, I'm not one to buy all the quilting rulers, but this did make cutting triangles a breeze.  
 I used Carolyn Friedlander's new line called, Friedlander to make this, with some low volume prints mixed in for the background, but the low volume could easily be substituted for color and would give the quilt a totally different look.
 I'm still debating how to quilt this, it's a pretty big one, measuring 64.5x80.5"!
 The sun was really bright when I took the top pics, I felt like it really washed the quilt out, so here is a shot indoors.  I don't know if I will ever tire of Carolyn Friedlander fabrics.  They are so unique.
Additional Spellbound quilts can be found here.

5 comments:

  1. It is so fun to see how different fabrics change the pattern's look. Great fabric choice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I really like that effect with the low-volume prints.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colours of the quilt, and the pattern itself is rather funky x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I was wandering around the internet, avoiding the housework I said I'd get done before I could quilt and I found your blog.

    I love it! I love your quilts! What fun.

    I'll be back!

    Jan

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...