Friday, September 28, 2018

Matchstick

I'm still trying to work through my scraps.  I know I've mentioned it before, but I am trying to get rid of all my scraps.  Haha, sounds ambitious-- and it is!  This is one of the fastest and easiest ways to work through strips of scraps.  I made a blue one a couple years ago and like it so much I make a colorful one.  (I explained my method in this post, or send me an email and I'll try to help).
 There's minimal quilting in this one.  I sewed in the ditch along each row horizontally and then vertical lines about every 3 inches. I also added a few horizontal lines on the taller rows.
Binding is scrappy...I used up my leftovers from other quilts.


Quilt stats:
Finished size: 58" x 68"(after washing and drying)
Pattern: none.  (see method here)  
Fabric  
front: scraps
back: April Rhodes--Bound for Art Gallery, Macrame Lace)
binding: scraps
Batting:  Warm and White

7 comments:

  1. Love this idea for using up the scraps. I think I have a bin of scraps that I cut into strips, thinking I would make a spiderweb quilt or something, and could add more as I went along. This looks way more approachable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great! Thanks for the inspiration to use up all these strips I have been cutting out of my scraps this past week! (and I still have pounds and pounds of fabric to go!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pairing of scrappy quilt/scrappy binding! I love your backing choice too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to do something like this so bad and use up my scraps...they always overwhelm me and then I just end up giving them away. I love the thought of having them all in one quilt though! It's beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea to work thru your scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great way to use up your scraps! I can never bring myself to do a scrappy quilt; I like it all to be matching x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...