I guess the great thing about my absence on this blog over the holidays, is that I have LOTS to share. I've been working on this quilt for a while. I started it because my blue scraps were plentiful...still are.
I sewed it together in strips, I'd sew about 12 inches of strips together, and then square them up, to make blocks. Once I had enough blocks, I'd sew them together to form a row. After sewing one or two rows, I decided to add in a few pops of orange. I like how it worked out. I love the scrappiness of this quilt.
This is my backing...if I could change one thing about this quilt, it'd be the backing. I like the scrappy squares (good use of fat quarters), but I wish I'd used a different color--NOT blue. With so much blue on the front, I think a different color (yellow or orange, or even just low volume prints) would have worked better. I'm still happy I used up stash.
For the binding I used this white polka dot (see here's another light binding).
For quilting I sewed vertical and horizontal lines, randomly spaced (2-4 inches apart), and it's a winner. The quilt is still soft, it blends into this quilt design, and it was super easy! . I was not excited about this quilt for quite a while, I didn't love much about it, but it's funny how once it's quilted and washed, how that can change. It's one of my favorite quilts right now.
Finished size: 56" x 66"(after washing and drying)
Pattern: none. (see method above)
Batting: Warm and White