Monday, February 27, 2017

Cobblestone Quilt

Just looking at this quilt makes me want to pull out my scraps and start sewing!  They are so satisfying.  I started this quilt this past summer, and didn't stop until it was finished (the quilt top anyway)...which rarely happens.  
 This was a freebie pattern that came in the mail from one of the quilting magazines, trying to get me to subscribe.  I've tried to find it online, but haven't had success.  It's made up of 4.5" x 2.5" rectangles and 2.5" squares, sewn together into a 6.5" x 2.5" rectangle.  I then sewed 3 of them together to get a 6.5" block.  Super simple to cut out and sew together (no triangles!).  I used color for the rectangles and low volume for the squares.  It helps give the eye a place to rest in this quilt.
 I quilted in 8's or S's, and used the squares as my guides. 

 I tried a dozen or so bindings out on this, and ended up going with a classic black and white.  Works so well on scrappy quilts.
Finished size: I forgot to measure before I sent it to it's new owner.
Pattern:  See method above
Fabric: front-scraps ● back- Fantasia (Art Gallery Fabric) ● binding- Timeless Treasures
Batting:  Warm and White

16 comments:

  1. I love this one. so simple, and cozy, and cheery! I would love to know your method of scrap storage / maintenance....
    Happy sewing ~ Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way to use up some of my low volume scraps! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this kind of scrappy quilt. There are so many fabrics to look at. You can cuddle up and just stare at the quilt for hours. The pattern is simple and very doable for anyone. A great stash buster too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great scrappy quilt! I love it. Thanks for sharing the pattern too x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always love your quilts! This makes me want to go sew too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nettie, this is just lovely. And now I want to make it (and share it on my blog). You have no idea where the pattern is from? Darn it - I like to give credit where credit is due. I love, love, LOVE the black and white binding - it is just perfect to set off all the colors. Thank you for sharing, and I'll link to your website! Quilt on!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this colorful, fun, simple quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this quilt! Just beautiful. Going to have to add it to my must make list :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. gorgeous quilt.... i love the scrappiness and the simplicity of this quilt. Great job! Thank you for sharing. pinning the quilt to my pinterest board

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your Cobblestone quilt! I love the bright scrappy colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is super cute! I have just finished a scrappy quilt and have just preparere all my pieces for a second one, but after seeing this... I will be heading to my scraps and start a third, this one. Love the saturated, but still soft and cosy light feel to this one. Thanks for the inspiration. As I start, I will make at least a block of three every day I sew on other projects. This must be a pleasant in between-project.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I counted the units in the final picture and the measurements would be 64” wide x 78 “ long, if anyone wants to know. I plan on making one of these myself because I’m so impressed by it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...