Monday, February 20, 2017

Filigree Quilt Pattern

I've been working on a fun new quilt pattern the past couple weeks with Fat Quarter Shop and Art Gallery Fabrics.  I didn't even get a chance to take a picture of the pretty fabric stack that made up this quilt, I cut it up too quickly.  Art Gallery Fabrics are one of my favorites...they are so soft.

Quilt kit for this quilt can be found at Fat Quarter Shop.  (My quilt looks very similar, but isn't the same.)  I used a mixture of fabrics from various Art Gallery Designers, I wanted the background to be subtle and the crosses to be bold, but I think it would look great reversed as well...so many options with this pattern.
At first glance the pattern looks a little tricky, but it's actually really simple, and the block is trimmed down to size after it's sewn together, so every block is squared up to the exact size.
I had hoped to have this quilt quilted and bound, but I injured my shoulder and can hardly use it for anything--no basting for me.  I've been resting it and hope it will heal soon.  I'm surprised by how much I do everyday that uses my shoulder, pretty much everything.  Even sleeping has been hard.
I would love to see this pattern with different fabrics.  I can envision it using an ombre effect, or making it scrappy, and even shrinking it down to baby size.  I'll add it to the list :).  Hoping to get this quilted in the next few weeks, quilting will really make the pattern pop!

Find the quilt kit here, and the pattern here.

5 comments:

  1. What a great quilt; I love the design! Adding it to my ever-expanding list of patterns to try. I hope your shoulder feels better soon x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe, I'm sorry about your shoulder! Get better soon! A while back, I had the worst pain between my elbow and shoulder, it was mystifying. Trying to sleep was the worst! I cried! :) Anyway, I went on a regimen of 3 Ibuprofen every 3 hours. Followed religiously...after a day and a half, I was getting relief. After two days the pain was gone! Anyway, that was probably more than you needed to know and all that to say that I love this quilt! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yuck I'm sorry you hurt your shoulder!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the way your colors work out better then the one they kitted up

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is lovely. I'm sorry about your shoulder - I hope you have some relief soon.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...