Tuesday, April 19, 2016

tiger lily


I am a long time fan of Heather Ross and LOVE her latest fabric line, Tiger Lily, especially those little ballerinas.  Another baby quilt, based almost completely off this quilt, and I am not finished with this design.  I love it, expect to see it again soon.

 Backing, girls in trees.
binding was hard for me.  I didn't have enough of any of the fabric to bind it, so I went with these feathers.  I love how subtle they are.
 Minimally quilted to keep it soft.  This corner is probably my favorite.

Quilt stats:
Finished size:  37in x 48in (after washing and drying)
Pattern:  Inspiration here.  Half square triangles (started with 5in squares).
Fabric:  front--Kona Snow and Tiger lily and pink solids.  back--Tiger Lily by Heather Ross for Wyndham.  binding--Wonderland, Cheshire Feathers
Batting:  Warm and White

9 comments:

  1. What a sweet, calm quilt! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! I love how you used the colours... those little ballerinas are my favourite too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too, me too! Wow this is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This just makes me sigh. It's a lovely, peaceful quilt. Nicely done. (as usual :-)

    happy sewing ~ Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was just thinking today that I have not made baby quilts in too long. Yours is very convincing! I love the simple, design and fabric choices. That posie print is one of my favorites from this line. I never bought any, so it's nice to see it in other's projects. Love your keep-it-soft quilting approach too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty! Love the colors and fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't think I'll ever get tired of seeing what people do with this collection, I think this is one of my favourites!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...