Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Sunset Quilt

Another baby quilt for a friend and this one was a little hard to part with.  I really like it, and think I need to duplicate it in a bigger version, and try different colors, particularly one for a boy (quilt meausures 40x48in).
 Inspiration for this quilt found here.
 I almost bound it in a pink polka dot, but then I remembered I had these sweet, tiny hearts, and they were perfect.
I quilted around each square.  I mostly quilted in the white, so my white thread wouldn't stand out on the black
Sweet little Heather Ross Ballerinas on the back.

(fabric colors: here)

11 comments:

Jennifer said...

I love it! The subtle lack of symmetry is great. And the colors - beautiful.

What is the heart fabric?

Heathir said...

This is absolutely gorgeous!

DaisyLiz said...

This is stunning! I the colors are gorgeous and the effect of all those HSTs together makes my heart swoon... It's perfect.

MeganW said...

Those colors are stunning together. I love the simplicity of the design, yet how captivating it is. And perfect backing fabric choice (and binding too)!

Sara said...

I love this! What colors did you use?

Jen said...

What a great quilt! It's fresh and the dark fabric is fun and unexpected. And those cute ballerinas!! I want to buy some of that fabric for myself.

audrey said...

Your quilt is beautiful! Very soft and snuggly looking too.:) Love how saturated the colors are!

Kulik Photography said...

I love this so much!!! I have had that same quilt pinned on pinterest for so long and always look at it...this is inspiring me to finally make an attempt at it!

Live a Colorful Life said...

I love your binding fabric!

La Mañosa said...

You know, sometimes there is just nothing better than triangles. This is such a great quilt and I love the position of the different color values. That heart binding is wonderful!

Laney said...

I love this quilt! Beautiful colors and I really like the simple quilting.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...