Tuesday, March 3, 2015

star wars

I finally pulled my Star Wars quilt back out.  I am determined to finish it!  

I expressed some concern about the size of each character in this post, it was just getting to be too big so, I put it away--I didn't have a good solution.  Last May, when I started, there was no way I was going to redo it, but when I picked it up a few weeks ago, I knew that I needed to shrink it down. So I did.  I cut it in half, went from 2 inch squares to 1 inch squares and I am soooooooo happy I did. It is going to work so much better now.  I am so pleased with how it turned out.  I love it.

Pattern is found here.  It is a cross stitch pattern, turned pixellated quilt pattern, with each stitch being 1 inch.

9 comments:

  1. Did you remake it from scratch? wow! But I know that sometimes you know you will not be happy unless you re-do a project. everything is a learning curve!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is very cool. I have never thought of using a cross stitch pattern...Very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty amazing! What little boy or big boy for that matter wouldn't be thrilled with this. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is absolutely beautiful!!! Can you explain a little as to how you cut it in half? I've looked back at photos and tried to determine if you cut each row and resewed but it doesn't look like that. Can't wait to see what you do next.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! I have taken cross stitch patterns and used them for pixelated quilts before too. It's so fun I think! I'm not sure if I have this pattern so I'll have to check because my husband would just love this quilt! Not to mention all my boys. How big do you expect this will end up being once finished? I'm curious...

    ReplyDelete
  6. My friend sent me the link to your blog so I could see the Star Wars quilt...it is amazing!!! I would never have thought about using a cross stitch pattern for a quilt! Way to go!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...