Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Twilight and Out to Sea Quilts

I feel like I can make this zigzag quilt in my sleep.  I have made a lot of them!  (pattern here) But I still like it.  It's a really easy, straight forward pattern that lets me sew and watch a movie without thinking.  Also a great way to showcase a particular fabric collection.
Both of these quilts were custom orders for my customers two little girls.  
They both turned out really cute, but I particularly love this wee wander one with the dark blue and mint and aqua.  We used the prints from the twilight color way.


 I love these stripes from Sarah Jane's Out to Sea line for binding.   They just perfect, and the colors have worked for so many quilts

6 comments:

  1. These are so sweet! And they match without matching. Lovely quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stripy binding is my favourite kind!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the wee wander one, too!
    I recently made a quilt using your tutorial :-) Thanks for sharing it!
    I'm curious - how long does one take you?? I think I am a major slowpoke!

    (here's my quilt if you want to see it http://pursuingjoy.blogspot.com/2015/01/out-with-old-on-with-new.html )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both of these are pretty adorable. I do love me some half square triangles. So many options ; )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are absolutely beautiful! I have yet to make a zigzag quilt, and I really should. I like the idea of making it with a collection, to just enjoy seeing what the designer saw in her colors.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...