Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Scrap Stack Quilt

This is one of my favorite scrap quilt patterns lately...I have another quilt top just like this one I need to finish. The squares are cut 2.5 x 4.5 inches, so my scrap bin had much to contribute to this quilt. Nothing makes me happier than using up scraps.
I think this pattern appeals to me because it is random, but somewhat organized scrappy.  I was inspired by this quilt I found on Pinterest several years ago, but there are many tutorials out there similar to it.
For the binding I used up my leftover bindings from previous quilts.  (I sew them together each time I finish a quilt...once I have a long enough piece I use it as binding). 
It adds to the scrappiness.
For the backing I used my stash...I purchased this stripe on sale years ago, with hopes of using it as a binding...but I didn't realize the stripe was going the wrong way, and not good for binding. (Hate when that happens). 
 I love these bears, added to the backing to make it wide enough.
Quilt stats
Finished size: (forgot to measure)
Pattern: rectangles cut 2.5 x 4.5 in
Fabric: front-scraps ● binding- scraps ● backing-stash
Batting:  Warm and White

9 comments:

  1. I've been smitten with a few of these quilts I've seen. Your beauty is now pinned with the rest of them. Love that you used scrappy binding to finish it off. I guess I better get busy on my own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should make one of these. I love the way it turns out. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love scrap quilts, and this one is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely quilt - and a great way to use up excess binding x

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Somewhat organized scrappy," I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmm I love this quilt - and what a great idea to just go ahead and piece a scrappy binding over time as you finish projects.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...