Monday, November 6, 2017

blended baby quilt

I love this quilt!  Another simple baby quilt.  The hardest part was pulling fabric.  It started with pinks and blues and yellows and ended with magenta, peach, pink and a little purple.  I don't think you can go wrong with half square triangles.  Squares were cut at 5 inches and trimmed to 4.5 ( I use this method).  I love the way it turned out, but next time I might cut the squares bigger (cut 6 inches and trimmed to 5.5), only to make it faster.

For the backing I used a Sarah Jane Border Print.

 I must say, as much as I love half square triangles, the trimming can get a little tedious. It's totally worth it, but definitely laborious.
 Binding is tiny hearts.  I've used this print as binding before, and it's a winner.  Perfect for baby quilts.
Quilt stats
Finished size: 37" x 44"
Pattern: half square triangles (5" squares trimmed to 4.5")
Fabric: front-stash (various solids and almost solids) ● binding- Dear Stella Hearts ● backing-Sarah Jane Magic
Batting:  Warm and White

11 comments:

  1. I don't think I've said it enough, but yet another gorgeous baby quilt! Half square triangles look so good - although I don't attempt them much due to their time consuming nature! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet and I love the binding you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Cute Cute Cute! Love it too. Nice everything! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That binding is certainly the perfect finish for a baby quilt! And they are so satisfying to make, aren't they? Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE this quilt! These are great colors together, the Sarah Jane border print is *wonderful* on the back, and that's a super fun binding for it all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your choice of binding and backing. Such a cute quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, those hearts are a great binding for this quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your hard work paid off. This quilt is lovely. That binding!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I found you through "Film in the Fridge" and I've had the most fun this evening looking through your many, many quilts. You have great ideas and I love the spirit in your quilts. Thanks for the inspiration you bring to those who read and quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  10. sweet and pretty quilt! I use a method for HSTs in which you make 8 at a time, with no bias edges, like the 4 at a time method creates. Don't have a link for you but it's easily found online.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...