Monday, February 8, 2016

Apple Hot Pad

I love making hot pads for a quick project in between bigger ones.  I saw this pattern, by Charise of Charise Creates and wanted to try it out.
I love that it has pockets to make holding it and hot things easier.  

The back is my favorite part.  I love that fabric from Ayumi.  Sewing on the binding was a little tricky around those curves, and I lost some of the apple definition at the bottom, but I think it turned out just fine.  I cannot wait to try another one.  (There's also a pear pattern).
Insul-Bright is a MUST in hot pads, it's wonderful, keeps hands safe from heat and is easy to sew with. 

5 comments:

  1. Great job! Love the red and white, and the piping looks perfectly fine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. super cute ... the design and colors ... love a bright red apple!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, how cute is that? I love the pear version too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...