Thursday, January 7, 2016

Quilty Christmas

Happy New Year!  I cannot believe December is over!  I fully expected to post all my finishes from 2015 before the New Year...but I didn't.  The good news is, I have several finished quilts to share over the next few days (or weeks, as it usually is).  The first one being a Christmas Quilt.  I hope you will forgive me for bringing back Christmas in January.
I started this quilt a year ago with Lori Holt.  She hosted an Instagram quilt-along last December.  I had the funnest time putting this quilt together.  It's so different than what I usually sew, definitely cuter.  Most of the blocks are in her Quilty Fun book, but several were freebies she shared on Instagram.

 The original quilt was meant to be a wall hanging, but I made extra blocks so we could use it as a throw blanket.

 Quilted in an all-over cross-hatch pattern.
 The backing might be my favorite part...it's so soft!  We like to pretend those deer are actually reindeer.

Candy Cane Stripe binding is a must on a Christmas Quilt.

Stats
Pattern:  Quilty Fun by Lori Holt
Size:  49in x 60in (after washing)
Batting:  Warm and White
Fabric:  Stash and scraps.  Backing is Buck Forest by Bonnie Christine, Binding is Little Red by Tasha Noel

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful quilt. I love the candle block and candy cane binding especially.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh, this quilt is fantastic! I love all the little pieces and the fact that they all still "fit" together. I can totally picture cuddling up underneath it and looking at all the little details in each block.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing and bound to become a much loved part of every Christmas. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really cute and such a good idea to add the extra blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Christmas quilt is darling. I love that each square is different.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE! this Christmas quilt! nice job and thanks for showing it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...