Thursday, October 2, 2014

drunkards path

My drunkards path blocks are a quilt...yay.  I'm making some progress getting my WIPS under control.  It feels so good.  I would love to revisit this pattern again, maybe with bold circles and low volume back-ground.  Or switched.  I'm looking forward to quilting this one...I'm thinking spirals in the circles, so they really stand out.  Hopefully our weather will cool down so I can baste something!

I used my go cutter to cut these out.  Such a time saver, and everything fit together perfectly.

This block might be one of my new favorites...it is so versatile.  I recently checked this book out from the library and felt so inspired.  So many wonderful ideas.

p.s.  I stepped in three fire ant piles while taking this picture.  Miserable little creatures.  I just hate them.

8 comments:

  1. Oh this is FABULOUS! I have been seeing lots of Drunkards paths lately and I'm so tempted to give it a go but the curves kind of scare me :) I love how bold and bright this is. Well done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful modern 'take' on the drunkard's path pattern! Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Total eye-candy. I love curves and seeing this is quite inspiring~

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very nice quilt at that. I wish I wasn't so afraid of curves
    ; )

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE this quilt! and blast those ants. :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this quilt. I also use the go cutter, and now I might just have to go make a similar quilt. You inspire me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous quilt! What size template did you use?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...