Monday, September 29, 2014

two tops

The blocks for both of these quilts have been hanging around my sewing space for far too long.  It always feels so good to finally put them together.
I'm pretty happy with how this Glimma quilt turned out.  I think the sashing really helps...although I must say, the linen wasn't my favorite to sew with.  I love the look, but it's heavy and it shifts more than cotton fabric.  But, even knowing that, I'd probably still use it again.  It adds a pretty texture to the quilt.

8 comments:

  1. These are fabulous. There's something so wonderful about getting a project finished. I'm a big procrastinator when it comes to finishing things and when I do I always wonder why I was putting it off. Can't wait to see full version photos of these. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting, because that top one gave me a great idea about something to do with some small pieces I have. You did a great job of fussy cutting to get those centers! And I agree about linen...ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Square in a Square quilt! More photos please....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two quilts are even nicer! Lovely

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too have a bunch of economy blocks that need to be sewn together (heavy sigh) Your stuff looks lovely as always!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such cute fabrics in your Economy Block quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two great finishes :) The economy block looks great, but love those simple blocks with the linen. You're right about it adding a nice texture to the quilt.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...