Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Mountain Majesties

I gave this quilt to my sister for Christmas, and can finally share it here on my blog.  After making this quilt (and this one), I can finally say I LOVE solids.  Not that I didn't like them before, but when shopping for fabric, I will generally always reach for prints over solids.  
But I think I might be changing my mind...Bold geometrics designs are everywhere right now, and solids sure do make a stronger statement than prints.
Several months ago, I took of screenshot of this instagram and I knew I had to make that rug into a quilt.  I love how it turned out...

 I used this gold stripe again.  It's still the perfect mustardy yellow. 

 Feathers on the backing.  
 I quilted in the ditch vertically and horizontally, with both white and black thread.  There was no way to keep the quilting thread completely hidden, but switching threads turned out to be pretty great.

Quilt stats:
Fabric:  front--Kona Black and Kona Snow.  back--Wonderland, Cheshire Feathers (Art Gallery).  Binding--Fantasia, Monokeros Stripe Ocre (Art Gallery)
Batting:  Warm and White

7 comments:

  1. Stunning! I love the look of quilts made with solids but fear I'm destined to never make one myself. Bold bright prints are my weakness...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely! I'm not sure I would have thought of that gold binding but I like it alot! Good for you! And I agree about solids - they are growing on me more and more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this looks absolutely amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a stunningly simple design! I love this! It is proof positive that solids are not boring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's perfect! The binding and backing choices are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's perfect! The binding and backing choices are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...