Thursday, November 10, 2016

Coloring Book!

My kids and I love to color!  We color on road trips, we color at church, and we color at home.  We are pretty open to any coloring book, but I have to say that my favorite are color by number and mystery mosaics.  I enjoy those even more than the popular "adult coloring books".   We recently tried out a new type of coloring book called Griddles, and we loved them too!  A mixture of my favorites, with a nod to needlework and quilting... 

The author of the book started a needlecraft company years ago in the 1970's called Fingerworks.  The coloring designs in the book are actually from her needlework designs she has converted into this book! 
each page is set up as a grid (which also takes me back to high school algebra and x,y coordinates)
I love that each color is lumped into a section.  It makes me happy to start and finish a color at once.
There are two sized grids.  My kids have mostly done the smaller ones.  I will admit that my 4 year old cannot do these, she tries and gets frustrated, and it took my 6 year old a little while to figure it out, but she gets it now and loves it.
You can find Griddles here!

2 comments:

  1. These are excellent! I'm going to keep an eye out for them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cool. I love to colour and these look like fun. I am one of those crazy gals who gets excited by graph paper too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...