Friday, November 20, 2015

Sundance Dresden Pillow

I have been quilting for almost 15 years, and I have never made a dresden plate block, until now.  It's shameful.  I don't know why I waited so long...well, I do know--I've always kind of been afraid of them, a little intimidated.  
But this pattern was NOT scary.  The technique for the dresden plate is a little different from normal piecing, so it was a fun change for me.  The pattern is for a pillow, but this would make a lovely mini quilt.

Pattern can be found here, at the Fat Quarter Shop, and there's even a video if you are a visual person.  I love that we can find a video for almost every task that we need.  I am definitely a visual person.

A couple tools I used to make this block easier:
dresden plate ruler, bigger perfect circles (this was awesome.), appli-glue (wonderful for getting your plate, and circle to stay put until you stitch them down.

If you are interested, Fat Quarter Shop has a kit for the pillow (from the video).

8 comments:

  1. Can you identify the fabric used for this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely colour palette! And the background fabric is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never made a Dresdin either! Like you I've felt it would be hard! Love your pillow and your confidence!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Your sewing (or blogging) mojo is on! It's been a treat to catch up on your work this morning, and see so many beautiful projects.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a great dresden! i, too, love them but have always been intimidated by them. but i took a class earlier this year on how to piece them from scraps and have my first ones underway. it's not so bad after all. love your colors!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...