Wednesday, August 20, 2008

i really like maps...

I can study a map all day. It's just so interesting to look at places I've been, places family live, places I'd like to visit...

I started this quilt years ago, and finally got it all put together. I almost ripped it apart and started over. I don't love it, but as I've said before I don't redo anything--too frustrating. I had planned to keep it for us--to get my kids interested in maps too, but after looking at it for years, I am okay with letting it go. Plus, we've got lots of new babies coming up (friends and family), I think this will make one of them happy.

The highlight of this quilt (for me) is the backing, perfect! We like to look for Texas in our family.

7 comments:

  1. What a fun little quilt. I'm sure it will be loved where ever it ends up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too like maps, especially those brownish-antique looking ones. Your map quilt is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. my hubby is a map freak...loves all kinds. he would love this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey...i made a quilt with that fabric for wyatt, and it didnt look anything as good as that. yours is way better...i bet kim wishes she got that one instead (jk)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just found your blog and love it. I adore maps. It is nice to find someone else who likes them too. I'll be back for another visit.
    ~Susan

    ReplyDelete
  6. i recently used that US panel for part of a map quilt for my kids to use for school...it was lots of fun, but i am a amateur, yours is way nicer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this! I was a geography major in college because of my love of maps. Where did you ever find this fabric?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...