Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Kaleidoscope Quilt

More half square triangles, the patterns are endless!  Inspiration came directly from this quilt.

 For the half square triangles (HST)  I cut 6 inch square and trimmed them to 5.5inches (using this method). There are many methods for HST that make more than 2 at a time, but for some reason I stick to the first way I was taught.
for quilting, I stitched in the ditch along each square, nothing fancy here.

I like this quilt so much I actually have another to share. :)

Quilt stats
Finished size: 40in x 45in
Pattern: see above
Fabric: front-stash ● binding-April Rhodes: Treadle in Tradition (Observer line)● backing-Sarah Jane: Meet the Crew (Out to Sea)
Batting:  Warm and White 


6 comments:

  1. Great version of the inspiration quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it and what a terrific backing, carrying that red to the back -

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely - and such fun backing! One day I'll have the patience to do a HST quilt! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great use of HST's and color! I love the pop of red.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...